2022 Applications – Now open
In 2022, the ACRS will support direct conference costs (e.g. airfares, registration and accommodation) for a number of students to the value of maximum $1,000 AUD, to attend the ACRS Conference in Brisbane, Australia from 25-28 November 2022.
As a condition of the travel award, recipients must be giving either an oral presentation or a poster at the conference.
To apply, please submit the ACRS Student Travel Award form (download here) addressing the following points:
- Applicant details (name, degree, institution)
- Reasons for wishing to attend the conference and the significance of the work you hope to present at the conference (max. 500 words)
- A copy of your project title and abstract as submitted
- Travel budget, clearly stating amount requested from ACRS (including justification for the travel route and accommodation requested), and any funding requested and obtained from other bodies.
- Copy of ACRS Membership receipt for 2022 (including the date of purchase)
- Confirmation of abstract submission for ACRS 2022 (only accepted abstracts will be eligible for the travel award)
Please email your completed application form as a single file (.docx/PDF), named: last name_first name to Kenny Wolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closing date for Travel Award applications for 2022 is:
5pm AEST Friday 30th September 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified by early-October 2022.
- Any Australian/New Zealand student who is currently enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university and working towards a PhD or MSc on a topic involving research on coral reefs is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a financial member of the society for 2022 before applying for these awards. A copy of your membership payment receipt (including the date for proof of purchase) provided electronically by PayPal needs to be included in the application.
- All award recipients must give either an oral presentation or poster at the conference.
- Award payments will not be distributed to recipients until after they attend and present at the conference. Applicants should therefore expect to have to make arrangements to cover any up-front travel costs associated with conference attendance until all award conditions have been met.
- Incomplete applications, applications not submitted in the format requested as well as applications received after the closing date will not be considered.