Please Note: Student Travel Awards will not be offered for 2021
During years in which the ACRS holds a conference, the society will support direct conference costs (eg. airfares, registration and accommodation) for a number of students to the value of maximum $1,000AUD, to attend the ICRS Conference to be held in Bremen, Germany from 5-10 July 2020.
As a condition of the travel award, recipients must be giving either an oral presentation or a poster at the conference.
To apply, please submit the ACRS Student Travel Award form (DOWNLOAD HERE) addressing the following points:
- Applicant details (name, degree, institution)
- Reasons for wishing to attend the conference and the significance of the work you hope to present at the conference (max. 500 words)
- A copy of your abstract as submitted
- Travel budget, clearly stating amount requested from ACRS (including justification for the travel route requested), and any funding requested and obtained from other bodies.
- Copy of ACRS Membership receipt for 2020
- Proof of abstract acceptance for ICRS 2020
Please email your completed application form as a single file (.docx/PDF), named: last name_first name to Steph Gardner (email@example.com).
The closing date for Travel Award applications for 2020 was 5pm AEDT Friday 28th February 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified by late-March 2020
- Any student who is currently enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university and working towards a PhD or MSc on a topic involving research on coral reefs is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a financial member of the society for 2020 before applying for these awards. A copy of your membership payment receipt provided electronically by PayPal needs to be included in the application.
- All award recipients must give either an oral presentation or poster at the conference.
- Award payments will be made only on completion of all award conditions (i.e. payments will not be distributed to recipients until after they attend and present at the conference, and satisfied their responsibilities at the ACRS merchandise booth at ICRS). Applicants should therefore expect to have to make arrangements to cover any up-front travel costs associated with conference attendance until all award conditions have been met.
- Incomplete applications, applications not submitted in the format requested as well as applications received after the closing date will not be considered.